19.04.2016 #4. Game Design: Links.
The list of additional resources from Capstone Project: Defining the Art and Concept of your Game completed with my bookmarks. I hope it can be useful for you! ;)
Game Design Document Examples:
- Aric's World's Game Industry Archive: Aric Wilmunder was a programmer at Atari and Luscasfilm Games and worked on a handful of classic titles. His GDD archive is a comprehensive inside look at some of the top titles from those companies
- Maniac Mansion Design Notes (on Ron Gilbert's blog)
- GDD summary on SeriousGames.eu, with plenty of linked examples (scroll down)
- A GDD template on Google Docs, courtesy of HeadClot88 on the Unity3d boards. Just one more way of putting a GDD together
- Gamasutra, Indie Game Design Document Template (Jason Bakker)
- Runaway Studios, Game Design Document Sample (Chris Taylor)
- Sloperama, Game Design Document Outline (Tom Sloper)
- Game Pitches. The repository for video game pitches and design documents
- Game Informer
- Rock Paper Shotgun
- Board Game Geek
- Dice Tower News
- Boardgaming.com (News)
- Mod DB, website dedicated to supporting independent development of games, including mods, addons and DLC
- Game Career Guide
- Games Industry
- Game Development Stack Exchange, question and answer site for professional and independent game developers
Magazines and Blogs:
- Deconstructor of Fun
- GDC Vault
- Game Developer, an in-depth monthly magazine. Complete archives from 1994 to 2013.
- The Game Design Round Table, show about game design, featuring game designers as hosts and guests
Sales and Player Counts:
If this article helps you, you want to correct it or you want to ask me anything, please write me.
I'll be happy to get email from you!